Gardens of Augustus
These gardens originate from the early 20th century, when steel magnate Friedrich Alfred Krupp bought land on the island to build a residence that ultimately was never started.
The decision to dedicate it to the first Roman Emperor Augustus was made by the local municipality in 1918.
Visitors wandering through the gardens will see a 5-metre-high block sculpture, showing the face of Russian politician and statesman Lenin.
Recorded on the sculpture is Lenin’s visit to Capri in 1908, when he stayed with compatriot Maxim Gorky.
The “Parco” has lush gardens, mature trees and flowerbeds, and is a fittingly enchanting corner of this beautiful island.